Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Policy includes information on how WESCO handles personal information. WESCO recognizes that the proper treatment of personal information will maintain confidence in our organization and will provide for successful business operations. Protecting the confidentiality and integrity of personal information is a critical responsibility that WESCO takes seriously at all times.
[WESCO's data privacy practices described in this Policy apply to customer and supplier information WESCO collects in the United States and via the Services.]
Information We Collect
We gather information about you from various sources:
- Information you give us, such as during transactions, customer service processes, registering on our website or requests for information
- Information automatically collected via our website, such as through cookies
- Information from various sources, such as publicly accessible information
How We Use and Share Personal Information
We process personal information in order to provide the Services to you or your organization and perform our obligations under this Policy, our Terms and Conditions of Sale or other contract between you or your organization and WESCO. We also process personal information for other, business-related purposes in which we have legitimate interests or with your consent (which you may withdraw at any time). These include:
- Account setup: We use personal information, such as your name, email address, and phone number, to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support, verify your identity, and send important account information.
- Orders: We use personal information to fulfill your order requests.
- Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, direct mail, and online. You can elect not to receive such communications.
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
How We Share Personal Information
Where and How Long We Keep Personal Information
The information we collect through the Services is stored on WESCO servers in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, by submitting information to us you are acknowledging and agreeing to send that information to the United States for the purposes described in this Policy.
WESCO has policies and rules relating to the retention of personal information. We have an enterprise records retention schedule that is based on a classification scheme consisting of business functions, data classes, and data types. We retain personal information only for as long as we reasonably require it to provide the Services to you, or for legal or other legitimate business purposes. In determining data retention periods, WESCO takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the rights, expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
WESCO's websites use FullStory products to help improve usability and the customer experience by recording and tracking your sessions. FullStory may collect certain information, including without limitation: usage patterns (mouse clicks and movements, typing), technical specifications (browser, device type, operating system, script errors), navigation (pages visited, session duration), and personal information (user name, email address, IP address). You may choose to opt-out of this by visiting https://www.fullstory.com/optout/. Once you opt-out, FullStory will no longer capture your session data as you browse our websites.
The Services contain information, materials, content and technology owned or controlled by us and our licensors are protected by intellectual property laws in the United States and other countries. You may not to remove or tamper with any intellectual property notices (such as copyright and trademark or other, similar notices) in connection with your use of the Services. You also may not copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit all or any part of the Services except as expressly permitted in a written agreement between you and WESCO. All trademarks and service marks contained in the Services are the property of their respective owners, and no license or other rights to such trademarks are granted under this Policy.
Additional Terms of Access
We have implemented commercially reasonable and appropriate measures to secure your personal information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, no Internet transaction or transmission of data is 100% secure; accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of your information. We process personal information and credit card information using an SSL (secure socket layer) connection, and our agreement with our merchant-services vendors require that payments are handled pursuant to PCI compliance standards.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. Such changes will be posted on our website. By continuing to use the applicable Services, you agree to the terms of the most recent version of this Policy.
Applicable Law; How to Contact Us
The Services and this Policy are governed by United States and Pennsylvania law. If you are outside the United States, please note that the United States may have laws concerning data privacy that are different than such laws in your country of residence. You may have specific rights under applicable data protection laws, notwithstanding the fact that we have selected United States and Pennsylvania law to govern our agreements, including this Policy. For example, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in your country. You may also have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal information or restriction of processing of your personal information, or to object to certain types of processing, as well as the right to data portability. Some of your rights may not apply where the use of your information is required in order to fulfill a contractual obligation to you or your organization, or for security or other legal reasons. In addition, some of your rights may need to be exercised by sending your requests to your organization, which may then have the obligation under applicable law to communicate to its service providers, including WESCO. Whatever the case, we are committed to complying with data protection laws applicable to us and our business, and to assist our customers in their compliance obligations as applicable and appropriate. If you have questions concerning our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com or 844-977-0805. This policy was last updated November 15, 2019.